Monday 2 July 2012

Murky!


This is the 'atmospheric' view of the avenue leading to Prince Hall last Tuesday when I met Gary Spillane at the hotel for a guided walk.  Less than ideal conditions for nature watching, shall we say.  Still, Gary was very cheery and positive and happy with fleeting views of Redstarts, Goldcrests and not a lot else.  This weather really is the limit.  How did we skip summer and go straight to November?  I keep checking the five day forecast, grasping vainly for an increase in temperature and a drop in the wind, but it's not coming.


On a more upbeat note, I saw a Hobby on my commute to Plymouth two days ago.  I have been thinking about an informal list of birds seen on my way to and from work over the last few months, and it's not bad: Redstart, Wheatear, Grey Wagtail, Great crested Grebe, Teal, Mandarin, Lapwing, Common Sandpiper, Hobby, Osprey, Merlin and Cuckoo among others.  Would anyone else like to get in touch with their 'commute list'?

No comments:

Post a Comment